Communication From the Executive
- Shoe Tags
We noticed that there are some members who were not wearing their shoe tags. Please wear your shoe tag in order to assist us in identifying non-members
We have assigned responsibility to some members to check shoe tags of all players on the courts. They will be checking shoe tags with the list of members.
- Door Combination.
Please do not share the combination of the door to non-members. We have identified a few non-members who are aware of the door combination.
- Dog Pooh
Brian Ma, our professional tennis coach came on Monday July 12, 2021 at 5.30am to start his high-level junior training program. He found out that there was dog pooh on six spots on the tennis courts, including one on the storage bin.
There were some players playing the round robin the day before and they left at about 2.00pm.
They did not notice any dog pooh when they left.
We believe that the smearing of the tennis courts and storage bin happened on Sunday afternoon. We will ask the staff at City to review any security camera in order to identify the culprit.
If you have any information to assist us to resolve this issue, please call:
Trevor at 647 271 5190 or
Yves at 416 899 0111.
The club has currently six coaching staff, led by Brian Ma. If you need coaching call Brian at 905 608 7777 who will set you up for individual or group coaching.
A few lessons of professional coaching will mostly likely improve your game.
No coaching is allowed by anybody other than our coaching staff.
- Tennis Club
Please consider the club a close-knit family. Try to play and accept other members of the club irrespective of their skills and background. If you do, it will improve your game, help to build a strong, friendly and respectable tennis club.
- Playing with Non-Members
We came across a few members who have been playing with non-members. Some acknowledged that they were non members and some were rude and argued that they do not carry all the shoes they own.
Please do not play with non-member as it will impact our insurance coverage.
Code of Conduct:
Members are to use their own judgment in deciding what to wear with the following exceptions
- Absolutely no cut-off jeans
- Only members wearing tennis shoes will be allowed on the courts
The fact that you are a member of a tennis club and represent the Club when on the court should help dictate your choice of clothing Any member of the executive committee can ask anyone inappropriately dressed to leave the courts.
- Shoe Tags
- Members are required to wear the shoe tag issued upon registration at all times. The tag is the only means by which other players can identify you as a fellow member. Players not wearing their tags will be considered non-members and could be asked to leave the court.
- Access to the courts is controlled by code combination which each member is informed of upon registration. This code is for members use only and any member found to be providing this combination to non-members risks having their membership revoked. In the event the Club Executive is forced during the season to change the combination an email will be sent to the members with the new code.
- General Conduct:
- Members are to conduct themselves in a manner befitting that of a member in a community club. This entails:
- Being social to fellow members, no demeaning of other members, executive, players of other clubs i.e. inter county teams
- No swearing
- No visible display of anger
- Display of insubordination
Should any member be found to violate these rules or in some other manner be a negative influence on club members, Executives and/or operations, the member will receive:
- 1st: A verbal warning by the President or Vice President and a written letter informing them that if their behavior continues their membership will be terminated.
- 2nd: If the behavior continues the membership will be terminated for the remainder of the season with no refund. The member will be informed that should he/she choose to join the Club again next season and their behavior has not changed, he/she will be permanently banned fro the club.
- 3rd: Any member returning from a one season suspension found to violate the above stipulation will have their membership revoked again and be permanently banned from the Club.
- Juniors should vacate the courts after 6.00 pm unless the courts are not being used by adults and no adults are waiting.
- Juniors can only play with a non-member parent if authorized by the club coach, such as during Juniors and Parents interaction on the Saturday drills.
- Juniors cannot play with a non-registered member.
- Juniors must always wear shoe tags on courts.
- Juniors must wear proper tennis attire.
- Juniors must behave in a civilized manner and must not be abusive to other players or the club coach.
Juniors who do not comply with the above rules may face disciplinary actions such as:
Cancellation of membership without refund.
Prohibited from attending Junior drills on Saturday for a specified number of days.